Entrepreneur in Residence | Co-Founder (f/m/x) @Beam
Do you want to co-found a startup in the logistics industry? Keep reading!
We are looking for entrepreneurs who want to start their businesses. Your goal is to ultimately launch a high-potential startup related to the logistics industry. You will work with us through our EiR program over 3-6 months, where you'll validate business opportunities, be held accountable for timelines, deadlines, and deliverables, and prove you can create a viable business in Berlin.
We will want to speak to anyone who meets these criteria:
- You are committed to launching a startup.
- You are confident in your proven ability to understand complex issues, with high curiosity and initiative to discover more of what you don't know.
- You stand apart from your peers in your outlook. Ideally, you're an entrepreneur at heart and can back it up with a track record of successful endeavors.
- You have a personable communication style and find ways to relate to others. You can communicate complex information in simple and concise ways and make it easily digestible. You think clearly and with confidence without needing to dominate.
- You've been an active part of a startup ecosystem in the past and have a valuable network in the European technology and ideally logistics sectors.
- You have gained professional experience in technology and plant manufacturing, of which at least two years were in a startup. You have gained some scars and learned some lessons along the way.
- You can identify a clear company vision and market opportunity and be prepared to defend it with data rigorously.
- You have a talent for finding solutions and hacks to move faster. You are not phased when the way is unclear; you thrive in ambiguity and have a knack for uncovering unexpected possibilities.
- You keep going. You do your homework. You're prepared to go the extra mile and find the opportunity your competitors will miss.
- You have an internal compass of your ethics and values that you draw on when making decisions, which drives your working style.
- You are business fluent in English (and, in best cases, German).
The goal of this position:
The goal for our entrepreneurs in residence is to launch a logistics startup with Beam. We want people who like to think and act with a long-term perspective and are focused enough to achieve it. Still, over 80% are offboarded before the end of our program as they are unable to prove their viable market opportunity or strength as an entrepreneur.
Why should you choose Beam?
- You are located in or are willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany.
- You choose a pre-validated logistics problem from Beam's initial research to work on; this gives you an advantage starting point.
- Your startup success can be accelerated with an (unfair) advantage to your business model from the BEUMER Group. Your startup concept must have relevant connectivity to BEUMER Group's advantage to be relevant to Beam's program.
- You will be advised and coached on growing your business idea - and have access to our network of experts to make you go faster. Our environment provides the resources and acceleration factors to get your idea moving at speed and grow into your early startup.
- Beam will support you in searching - and finding - suitable co-validators/co-founders in our program. We want to encourage you to tap into your network and make suggestions too.
- Meet other EiRs and founders as a member of Beam's universe, and use our beautiful offices in Berlin.
- You will receive a monthly stipend of 2,500 € (gross) for the duration of your validation (3-6 months) - to allow you to concentrate on your validation fully.
Why should you not choose Beam?
- Beam won't suit active students, as the time commitment is more than a full-time (intense) job - and needs full attention. We'd love to hear from you once you've finished your studies and have the work experience described above.
- Beam is based in Berlin; we're actively seeking entrepreneurs across the EU and ideally in Germany, so not suitable outside of the region.
How to apply?
- You can apply with your LinkedIn profile (CV optional).
- Please help us learn more about why we should be interested in you in our application form.
PS! For more information about the process and other details, head to the FAQ section on our jobs page.